The scientific master-system Yoga in Daily Life has been authored by His Holiness Vishwaguru Mahamandaleshwar Paramhans Swami Maheshwarananda shortly after his arrival in Europe in 1972. It is based on the original ancient science of yoga and has been adapted by Vishwaguruji to the requirements and facilities of contemporary life-style, in co-operation with doctors and physiotherapists, also from former Czechoslovakia. Now this system and the beneficial activities of Yoga in Daily Life have encompassed the whole earth and have been acknowledged in all five continents.
In the Czech and Slovak Republics in the last 40 years much experience has been gathered with Yoga in Daily Life in respect of its medical and therapeutic aspects and effects, and there have been carried out several research projects. On the occasion of the 40th anniversary the impressive results of these researches were presented at an international scientific conference.
The conference took place on academic field of the Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic, in the Audience hall of the Medical Faculty of this highly respected University. The opening ceremony was blessed by Viswaguruji’s presence. Opening speeches were held by representatives of the Indian Embassy in Prague, Czech Republic and of the Faculty of Sport Studies of Masaryk University.
More than 400 people from various countries incuding India as well as many experts and scientists attended the conference. About 35 experts - doctors, physiotherapists, psychologists, professors and pedagogists - rendered their presentations about their long-time experiences, scientific and medical research work with the Yoga in Daily Life System and the achievements through the application of Yoga in Daily Life exercises and life-style in the fields of public health, rehabilitation, prevention and therapy, pedagogy, education, psychology, sports and nutrition.
Topics were (excerpt):
- Yoga techniques in education for health and wellness.
- Yoga in sports.
- Yoga techniques for prevention of civilisation illnesses.
- Application of Yoga in Daily Life in prevention and treatment of back pain.
- Application of Yoga in Daily Life in physiotherapy.
- Hatha Yoga kriyas.
- Application of Yoga in Daily Life in pregnancy and during delivery.
- Impact of yoga to the development of pre-school children.
- Yoga in Daily Life in schools.
- Impact of Yoga to the physical and mental health of children and teenagers.
- Application of Yoga in Daily Life for children with emotional and behaviour disturbances.
- Impact of Yoga in Daily Life relaxation techniques.
- Utilisation of Yoga in Daily Life in osteoporosis.
- Utilisation of Yoga in Daily Life in Alzheimer disease - prevention and treatment.
- Yoga in Daily Life for seniors.
- Connection between yoga and psychology.
- Application of Yoga in Daily Life in psychosomatic diseases' treatment.
Through their testimonies it has been proven once again that the System Yoga in Daily Life is a scientifc and practical method to improve the health of people physically, mentally, socially and spiritually.