Be healthy with "Yoga in Daily Life"
That was the title of the 3 days' workshop, which took place in Vienna/Austria during 16th and 18th of April 2004. The aim of the event, organized by Mahamandaleshwar Paramhans Swami Maheshwarananda and "Yoga in Daily Life" was to show how to achieve and maintain health through the system of "Yoga in Daily Life". Paramhans Swami Maheshwaranandaji held several lectures throughout the workshop and also led a special meditation at the beginning of day 3. Presentations, both theoretical and practical, from many respected guests (medical doctors, physiotherapists, psychologists) covered the following themes:
- healthy back and spine
- healthy nourishment
- strengthening the immune system
- healthy joints
- healthy heart
- stable blood pressure
- good memory
- correct way of breathing
- kids and school
- relaxing from stress
- special program for dentists
Valuable research work was presented in which modern scientific methods were used to connect to and back-up the ancient wisdom and technique of yoga. Both were proved to be highly effective in prevention and treatment of many modern ailments.
Several presentations are available for download below, more will be added shortly. Additional similar articles can be found in our special column called ExpertView.
- YIDL for a healthy heart (in German, Harriet Bucher, Physiotherapist, B. Sc., Vienna/Austria)
- High blood pressure - help through YIDL (in German, Harriet Bucher, Physiotherapist, B. Sc., Vienna/Austria)
- Breathing exercises in the light of contemporary science (in English, Dejan Kupnik, M.D., Maribor/Slovenia)
- Using YIDL in treatment of children illnesses (in Czech, Olga Boldisova, M.D., Anna Galovicova, M.D., Piestany/Slovak Rep.)
- Impact of yogic exercise on balance in climacteric women (in English, Joze Vrbancic, Physiotherapist, B. Sc., Maribor/Slovenia)
- Impact of practising YIDL on quality of life of menopausal women (in English, M. Sc. Tine Kovacic, Physiotherapist, B. Sc., Celje/Slovenia)
- Impact of relaxation training system on mental health in women after breast cancer surgery: pilot study using experimental design (in English, M. Sc. Tine Kovacic, Physiotherapist, B. Sc., Celje/Slovenia)
- Health aspects of yoga exercises in education system (in German, Roman Bednar, M.D., Slovak Rep.)