Establishment of the Sri Swami Madhavananda World Peace Council
We are happy to announce that the Sri Swami Madhavananda World Peace Council – the "umbrella-organisation" of the Sri Swami Madhavananda World Peace Summits - founded by His Holiness Swamiji, has been legally registered and approved as an international humanitarian society in Vienna, Austria.
According to its constitution, the main activity of the Sri Swami Madhavananda World Peace Council is to serve humankind and its objectives are:
- Fostering of world peace, cultural exchange, dialogue between religions and nationalities, ethical education and healthy lifestyle;
- Fostering of: tolerance, respect and understanding among religions, cultures and nations; human rights as well as animal rights; protection of animals and nature;
- Fostering of the physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being of the individual and the general community by cultivating of physical, mental, social and spiritual health through the study, practice and teaching of the "Yoga in Daily Life" system, authored by the founder of the Sri Swami Madhavananda World Peace Council, Mahamandaleshwar Paramhans Swami Maheshwarananda, based on the authentic tradition of yoga and the teachings of his spiritual masters;
- Fostering of activities and projects to support public health and integral medicine, particularly in the fields of Ayurveda, Naturopathy, Yoga-therapy, rehabilitation and prevention of disease;
- Fostering of international relations, particularly in the areas of art, culture, education and religion.
The purpose of the association shall be achieved by:
- The commitment to the goals and values enshrined in the Earth Charter and the Charter of the United Nations, and their active support through public conferences and dialogues, spiritual gatherings and activities, lectures, seminars and other educational measures, for individuals as well as community groups and organisations, national and international institutions and NGOs, facilitated and implemented by the association, in order to raise a consciousness of respect and understanding for all religions, cultures and nations, for the protection of human rights and animal rights, preservation of nature and all living beings as well as for a healthy life-style and peaceful co-existence.
- Initiating, promoting and organising International World Peace Conferences, particularly in remembrance and reverence of His Holiness Dharmsamrat Paramhans Swami Madhavanandaji from Rajasthan, India (1923-2003), honouring his message and lifelong efforts for understanding, universal love, non-violence, peace and unity in the world.
- Cooperating with the United Nations, other inter-governmental as well as governmental and non-governmental organisations, all denominations of faith and all men and women of good will, locally, regionally and globally, in working to realise the vision of the Charter of the United Nations and in the pursuit of peace in all its dimensions.
- Educating, promoting and campaigning for world peace and sustainable development to individuals, community groups and organisations, and national, international and governing institutions, in order to awaken in all individuals and communities a sense of shared responsibility for the well-being of the global human family and the urgent need of sustainable development.
..., and many more points, laid down in the constitution of the World Peace Council.